Thursday 19 July 2012

Street game songs from the Lunch Club - and Lottie's 87th Birthday

The lunch club gave me some street game songs today, which some of them sang as children on these very streets. I am hoping to involve these in a short film I am currently planning as an archive of the PLAY SWAP project and street games collected from Walworth and Southwark in general. 




'Valencia, throw the ball up the wall. Tra laa laa laa.'
Linda


'Two little dicky birds sitting on a wall,
One named Peter one named Paul,
Fly away Peter, fly away Paul,
Come back Peter, come back Paul.'
Linda


'A gypsy said to me,
Would you like a cup of tea?
I said No No,
I like Co-coa
Down - in - the - glen.'
Janet


'Over the garden wall,
I let my baby fall,
My mother came out,
And gave me a clout,
Wondered what all the fuss was about,
Over the garden wall.'
Janet


'1, 2, 3 O'leary
My balls went down the airy*,
Give us a clip and ask for Mary.'
*basement
Joan

'High Jimmy Naker,
1, 2, 3 - All over!'
David



No comments:

Post a Comment